24 Jan 2013

Sausage Fusilli, Creamy Garden Salad

Meal 9 - Jan 23rd - Sausage Fusilli, Creamy Garden Salad

As I type this latest post, I am literally munching my way through a rather impressive mound of leftovers from last night's latest attempt at a Ja-meal (does that work? No?), and to be honest that is where this dish scores highly - leftoverability. You can easily chuck it in a tupperware and heat it up the next day. Unfortunately though, it is this simplicity that is also the downfall of this dish: for me it is not drastically better than a hastily thrown together pasta and a jar of sauce, albeit a good quality jar of sauce. With the cost of putting the dish together (the jarred peppers cost £2.19 alone) and the mess created during the cooking process (sorry Lolz) I don't think I would be in any hurry to do this again.

I also thought the fennel overpowered the sauce slightly, and the salad was a little boring.

Lolz gave the dish a very generous 8/10, although later downgraded this to a 7 when she saw the state of the kitchen... Difficulty factor 4/10. The only real challenge was in fitting a griddle pan, large saucepan and frying pan all on the same stove.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews