21 Jan 2013

Turkish Flats, Shred Salad, Feta and Herbs

Meal 8 - Jan 20th - Turkish Flats, Shred Salad, Feta and Herbs

With an important afternoon of Premier League football ahead, we knew that our usual Sunday afternoon lunch of soup would not cut it. Naturally we turned to Jamie and, having been yet to try any lamb recipes (I know, it's not really the season) I had had my eye on this one for a few days.

We'd bought the ingredients yesterday and substituted the tortillas for flatbreads. The cooking lamb, with all the spices and flavourings mingling away, briefly transported me to the bazaars of Constaninople before the smoke alarm brought me back with a bump. Fortunately no major damage was done, and with the salad taking all of 30 seconds to slice in the processor, there was at one point serious danger that I might actually cook this in under 15 minutes. I even had time to knock up some home made houmous.

With THFC scoring a last minute equaliser it turned out to be a very satisfactory afternoon indeed.

Lolz gave the dish 9/10. We both agreed that there was a bit too much lemon, while a bit more lamb wouldn't go amiss either. Difficulty rating 3/10. If using flatbreads, they only need a couple of minutes in the oven!


2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous, but I don't eat lamb. Do you think this would work with another type of meat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - give it a go with beef and it would be just as good!

      Delete

Total Pageviews