17 Jan 2013

Pork Steaks, Hungarian Pepper Sauce and Rice

Meal 6 - 16th Jan - Pork Steaks, Hungarian Pepper Sauce and Rice

Looking in the fridge, Lolz decided the fact we had half a fennel bulb left over meant I had to attempt this rather hearty and rustic looking pork fillet number. Finding no reason to object, I got my "15 minute meal head on" as Jamie puts it and realised that, just 17 days and 5 meals into this challenge, I really have developed a 15 minute meal head. Thinking back to my attempt at Rosemary chicken back on the 6th, I remembered cooking equipment and discarded packaging strewn all over the kitchen and numerous health and safety guidelines being willfully flaunted. Today the kitchen is a picture of calmness, ingredients and equipment ready, and various space saving solutions implemented.

The recipe is very simple; cook the rice, chuck all the sauce ingredients in to a pan and let it simmer while you griddle the pork. My only mistake was not sufficiently pre-heating the griddle pan before slapping on the meat. Lesson learned. The end result is basically sweet n sour pork with a twist, with the sauce packed full of veggie goodness. Would probably also work well with sausages in place of the pork fillet.

Lolz gave the dish a "surprising" 9/10. Difficulty factor 3/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews