17 Feb 2013

Smoky Maple Pancetta, Fluffy Corn and Chilli Pancakes

Meal 17 - Feb 17th - Smoky Maple Pancetta, Fluffy Corn and Chilli Pancakes

Today is my birthday (21 if you're interested) but, as explained yesterday, excuses don't fly in this game. Lolz did however allow me to open a few presents before proclaiming loudly that she was getting hungry and ordering me into the kitchen. Incidentally, my presents did include some measuring spoons, an "Antipasti Plank", a serving platter and a lemon squeezing gadget.  Definitely a bit of a theme going on...

Anyway, this is my second breakfast of the challenge and at this point I should mention that the title is slightly misleading since my sweetcorn is still sitting patiently in the freezer unopened, as I somehow missed that particular line of the recipe. All the other ingredients did however make it in and the end result was a really nice, healthier twist on the traditional pancakes and bacon dish. The cheese and chilli adds a subtle savoury kick to the pancakes without detracting from their fluffy lightness. 

Lolz loved the maple glazed pancetta but felt the coriander was slightly overpowering. She gave the dish 9/10. Difficulty rating 3/10 - tossing pancakes is not my strong point.

All in all an excellent start to my 22nd year!





2 comments:

  1. You've got some typos in there...a couple of the "2"s should be "3"s..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, apparently we share a birthday as well as the desire to cook our way through Jamie's 15 Minute Meals book! I might, however, have a few years on you....this year I was given a veggie basket, as well as a basket of hard-to-find spices. Definitely a theme!

    I have yet to try any of the breakfast recipes in the book but this one looks intriguing.....

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews