15 Dec 2013

Fruit 'N' Nut Combos, Sweetened Cottage Cheese

Meal 108 - December 15th - Fruit 'N' Nut Combos, Sweetened Cottage Cheese

Sunday morning - a good time to squeeze in a cheeky 15 minute breakfast and strike another one of my list. I actually made this a couple of weeks ago but Lolz was unable to eat it due to her first bout of illness so I thought I'd do it again - an unwritten rule of my challenge is that I have to cook it (well, in this case not really "cook" it exactly) for at least one other person to be able to cross it off!

Like all the breakfasts, it'sot a 15 minute meal at all. You get all the ingredients and basically mix them all together in the bowl. To me, cottage cheese is more of a savoury ingredient so it seemed a little strange combining it with vanilla paste, honey and lots of other sweet things, but to be honest it all works really well. The nuts add a good bit of crunch.

Lolz however did not like the cottage cheese, and she doesn't really like almonds either, so she actually ended up eating natural yoghurt, with the vanilla and fruit and a bit of granola. This adapted recipe (which actually only bares a vague resemblance to the actual recipe in the book), she gave 6/10.

Difficulty rating 1/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews