21 Nov 2013

Salsa Verde Tuna, Sicilian Tomato & Pasta Salad

Meal 100 - November 21st - Salsa Verde Tuna, Sicilian Tomato & Pasta Salad

So I've made it to a hundred. There have been times over the last few months where I thought I wouldn't get to this point but I've definitely got back on track. Circumstance (Sunday's half marathon) dictated that this landmark would be marked with a pasta dish and although it's a chapter where appearances have sometimes been deceptive, this one looked like it had all the individual components to make my dream come true. Fresh tuna is after all one of the most amazing ingredients on the planet and, accompanied by a zingy salsa and some fresh, colourful Mediterranean inspired salad, I couldn't really see what could go wrong. Famous last words?

I was only cooking for two so reduced (only very slightly) the amount of tuna, but kept the rest of the quantities the same, thinking I could take the leftovers into work tomorrow. There's not really a lot of cooking involved. You boil the pasta and fry the tuna a couple of minutes on each side but other than that it's just blitzing the salsa in the processor and putting the salady bits in a bowl.

Plated up, it looked pretty sexy, and I'm pleased to report it tasted great. Melt in your mouth tuna, juicy tomatoes, peppery rocket and the zingy dressing (which, thank god, did not skimp on the olive oil or try and use some yoghurt substitute) - it was a veritable party in my mouth. The only slight issue was that there wasn't enough dressing - it felt like the pasta was a bit naked. But I think it just about gets away with it because a) the flavours are all so intense and b) all the ingredients are quite moist.

The million dollar question though is did Lolz deem it worthy of a 9? Well suffice it to say that there weren't any leftovers for lunch tomorrow... A fitting way to complete the century.

Lolz gave the dish 9/10. Difficulty rating 1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews