8 Oct 2013

White Fish Tagine, Carrot, Mint and Clementine Salad

Meal 83 - October 8th - White Fish Tagine, Carrot, Mint and Clementine Salad

I've recently started a new job which brings with it many perks. One is that I earn more money. Another is that I get home in time to watch Pointless. I can also now make it to the fishmongers before they close on a weekday. So why not kick off a new era of 15 minute meals with a good old fish dish?

I opted for this tagine despite Lolz's misgivings - she thought the fish looked a bit "weird". Admittedly my last attempt at a tagine wasn't a resounding success but I thought the sauce looked like it would be rich and aromatic and the salad looked rather inventive too, plus we already had a load of the ingredients.

Ironically, despite my new fishmonger-compatible finish time, I ended up buying the fish from Waitrose and discovered that for some reason pre-packed plaice (try saying that a few times), unlike most other fish, comes with it's skin still in tact. It took me a good 15 minutes to remove the skin, being careful not to damage the flesh in the process. With that done, it was fairly plain sailing from there on in. You throw the sauce together (it feels a bit like you are forcing flavour into the sauce rather than let it build naturally) and kind of steam the fish on top.

It looks a bit messy but it tastes pretty good. The fish is nicely cooked although sauce doesn't quite work - the flavours haven't quite infused like they would if you cooked it for longer. The salad was amazing though - probably my favourite one so far. Fresh, sweet and crunchy with a nice tangy dressing.

Lolz gave the meal 7/10. Difficulty rating 3/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews