1 Oct 2013

Glazed Sizzling Chops, Sweet Tomato & Asparagus Lasagnetti

Meal 81 - October 1st - Glazed Sizzling Chops, Sweet Tomato & Asparagus Lasagnetti

Although many of my 15 minute meal choices are dictated by what is in the fridge or what mood we are in, I have been trying to rotate around the various chapters so that I don't run out of chicken dishes by mid-October or still have 8 fish to do in December. I actually rigged up a spreadsheet to tell me what percentage of each chapter I had left to cook (I love a good spreadsheet) and it told me that it was time for some lamb.

The lamb dishes so far have been a bit hit and miss and to be honest, looking at the picture in the book, this one wasn't exactly singing to me. The lamb looked dry and the murky liquid in the pasta did not look appetizing. There were also remarkably few ingredients... good for the bank balance (and perhaps a sign that it would be easy to cook?) but it made me think the meal might be lacking in flavours.

It's remarkably easy to cook. You fry the meat in one pan and the veg in the other, adding the pasta near the end. Lolz was shocked when I emerged from kitchen after around fourteen and a half minutes with dinner ready. It was better then expected. The veg with the pasta is sweet and fragrant and the liquid was more of a vegetable broth and clung nicely to the veg and pasta. The lamb was ok - we thought the glaze would have been better if we'd been able to marinade the meat in it, but the rosemary and garlic crank up the flavours a bit.

All in all a success, and not just because it tasted good, but because it was quick, easy and didn't cause too much mess - if only all the 15 minute meals were like that. Lolz gave the dish 8/10 - an extra mark because the kitchen is so tidy! Difficulty rating 1/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews