22 Jun 2013

Smoked Salmon & Egg - Hot Sandwich Heaven

Meal 53 - June 22nd - Smoked Salmon & Egg - Hot Sandwich Heaven

My love of toasties and the utter mess I made of Sweet Naughty Beginning meant that I was really up for this smoked salmon and egg sandwich - a perfect Saturday morning breakfast. This time I would be showing my Breville who is boss.

I was slightly worried that it could turn out to be messy though - in my mind toastie makers and raw eggs don't mix well. Nevertheless I set to work arranging the smoked salmon into a kind of flood barrier which would hopefully prevent the egg leaking out of the sandwich. I added the top slice of bread and tentatively squeezed shut the Breville - to say the sandwich was deep filled would be an understatement.

I wasn't sure exactly how long it would take to cook, but 4 minutes is pretty much standard for all toasties and I decided to let my instinct do the rest. I let it cool for a couple of minutes before cutting it to reveal a nice moist yolk and melted cheese... perfect!

Lolz gave it 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews