2 Jun 2013

Purple Super Smoothie

Meal 49 - June 2nd - Purple Super Smoothie

I said I was kick-starting my challenge and with this, my third "meal" of the weekend, I was doing so with a vengeance. I had some fairly ripe pairs left over from our last veg box, so although this would be the end of the smoothie repertoire, I thought it would be a good recipe to do, especially as I was taking Lolz on a bike ride in the afternoon and she would need some invigorating.



There's very little liquid in this one - just 100 ml of apple juice - so it is much thicker than the other smoothies I have made, almost slush puppie type consistency. I was a little disappointed with the flavours - it was surprisingly bland considering the fruit that goes into it. Maybe a bit of honey or something would bring out the flavours a bit more - or is that just my sweet tooth getting the better of me?!... Lolz gave it 7/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews