11 Mar 2013

Avo and Smoked Salmon on Toast

Meal 24 - March 10th - Avo and Smoked Salmon on Toast

Being as it was that I was "representing" three siblings this Mother's Day, I thought it only fair that I accompanied my hilarious Mother's day card with a slap up breakfast and so I chose the second of four avocado on toast recipes. I have had mixed fortunes thus far in my attempts to find good quality, ripe avocados and this time decided to play it safe and stick with Waitrose. They were all out of their "perfectly ripe" but thankfully the two I chose were a nice, fresh, vibrant green colour inside.


Thankfully also, the dish requires no cooking, and so no need to fire up the Aga today! Much like the last Avo on toast number, it is a simple case piling up he ingredients on toast. It's impossible to go wrong and the combinations are classic and infallible - smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and lemon - what's not to like?! Lolz, clearly conscious of all the 10s she has been dishing out lately, only deemed this one worthy of a 9/10, as it was a bit too lemony for her. Difficulty rating 3/10 - it's easy but you have to work quickly!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews