11 May 2013

Orange Super Smoothie

Meal 42 - May 11th - Orange Super Smoothie

It's been a bit of a funny old week - a change appears to have occurred whereby Lolz has become chef and I am chief washer-upper. Desperate to redress this balance (I don't like washing up) but wanting to ease myself back in to the 15 minute meal routine, I decided to make a nice straightforward smoothie. This had the added benefit of using up the copious amount of oranges we have accrued from our weekly veg boxes.



In addition to orange, the main ingredient in this particular smoothie is mango. I couldn't find any pre-frozen so I bought a fresh one with the plan to chop it up and freeze it before getting started. This would have been fine if I'd had any clue how to chop up a mango. I vaguely recalled images of "hedghoging" the mango so proceeded to try and chop it in half. It was only after about 10 minutes of vigorous slicing that I learned that a mango contains a flat stone that runs the whole length of the fruit and rather then slice it in half you need to slice off the flesh either side of the stone. I made a bit of a mess of it, but given that it was about to get liquidized, it wasn't really a problem.

The smoothie was sweet and refreshing with quite an intense hit of ginger to spice things up. Lolz gave it 8/10 - she prefers her smoothies smoother apparently, and she thought it was a bit sharp with the lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews